Sunday, August 12, 2007

Turnips, your children will eat them

I happen to love turnips.

I know this isn't a common love, but I adore them.

How to get your children to adore them as much as you do?

Don't cook them turnips.

Cook them yellow and white mashed potatoes.

Boil turnips and potatoes, mash em like you would potatoes, and serve them like potatoes.

It's the same ole trick used with the cauliflower, only with turnips.

Now, if I could find a way to make rutabaga's appetizing, but frankly, I've never been fond of them myself!

Yes, I am inflicting a variety of palettes on my children in the hopes they will not be 'meat, potato, soda, chips, ice cream, candy eating American diet.'

Omigosh but tell me, WHY are my children addicted to their vitamin?

2 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I'm rather partial to turnips as well, although as you say, not all like them.

MommasWorld said...

I use to eat them raw and right out of my mother's garden. My children would surely turn their noses up to eatting a raw turnip. Maybe the mashed potato idea would work with them :-)