Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pajama Tuesday

It is 1:40 p.m. and I am still in my pajamas (nice, top quality ones, too, btw, Eddie Bauer if you must know).

Some of you are saying 'lucky beatch!' or 'damn wish I were' or 'hey, me too...'

Others might be saying,

"WTFRAKKINHECKNCRAP are you doing woman, at 1:40 p.m. in the afternoon wearing pajamas?"

The answer is, a whole lotta crap that needed to get done.

I started this morning at 8, at my computer which is now right next to my bed. I ordered a new cell phone and cell phone plan with a new carrier online (some people go to the phone stores, I live in fear of cell phone plan salesman...) Then I started through my stack of index cards (All my to-dos are on index cards... most people use notebooks. Notebooks don't work for me. I need to constantly jot, rejot, and jot again on cards...)

I made appointments.
I called about our crap television (HDTV, DLP.... color wheel gone, bulb fading, what IS the point?) /// we're using this as an opportunity to see if we miss cable, if not, bye bye crazy bill...
I paid some bills.
I called the school.
I did transcript ordering stuff.
I did other things, all these other little nit-noid things that only take a a few minutes each, but because the few minutes is extended by web pages that are down, phones that aren't answered or have long hold times, letters that have no stamps, forms without information et al et al, they don't get done.
Ever.

Well, for months.

You all know what I mean. There's a list we all have, secretly, not so secretly, or simply lost, full of things that NEED to be done (emissions testing and registration for my vehicle is one I have managed to put off for months...) but never gets DONE because it's just a little nit noid thing that can wait, and wait... and wait.....

You get the idea.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to pay my overdue library fee before I get dressed for the da.... night.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1:40 pm? I think I was in my sleeping cloths too at that time...in my bed with a mink blanket on top...asleep...:-D

Edward

Lahdeedah said...

Ah Ed

How is Korea?

I love mink blankets!

I need to make you those cookies huh?\\Only if you say really nice things...

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It looks like you only got up to pay the bills.

Anonymous said...

Lahdeedah is the best mother and friend in the whole, wide world...make sure Mr. Red and your kids keep their hands off my cookies. ;-)

Edward

The Curmudgeon said...

Off topic: follow up to the comment you left at my blog recently -- here's a follow up post from Second City Cop about follow up that another blog did....

Lot of following going on there....

But you may find this interesting.

Pageant Mom said...

This is why God will never let me win the lottery. He knows I would never get off the couch if I didn't have too!!!

It feels good to get that list done doesn't it??