Sunday, January 02, 2011

2011, the year before 2012

...and the year after 2010.

I think most of us have some very strong opinions about 2010.
It wasn't exactly our best year yet.
Certainly not my best, but it wasn't the worst, and here's to hoping that 2011 is a step in the OTHER direction.
To be quite frank, to be one-hundred percent honest, the entire decade was a bit shaky for me.

So I look to 2011 as a chance to move toward a better year, a better future, a better life.
I wrote something similar on my other blog, so no need to go into details here, but I expect that 2011 is going to be a busy year for me, because I'm making it about me.

Yes.
Me.
2011 is all mine baby.

Yeah yeah the kids, I know, I'll take care of them.
There's the job, yeah, I'll show up there.
Husband, yup, I'll take care of him.
But... but there's more... there's... ME!

And 2011 is going to be all about me being me. It will make me a better worker, a better mom and a better, yes me.

I have no hard and fast goals for 2011. It's not like by 2012 I expect something concrete. No.

What I expect, is that by 2012, I'll be living a life defined by me, for me, that benefits my entire family.

Wish me luck!

....

p.s. okay I lied... I'm also going to try to blog regularly again...

1 comment:

RainyPM said...

So happy to be starting on a new decade too. Definitely shaky here too.

Check out a Collective Soul song called "Better Now." I love it and I think it fits in perfect with your theme. My favorite line in it is: "Time to celebrate me!" :)