Monday, December 19, 2011

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

That pretty much sums up today.

I have two weeks off. In the Corporate World, that means I'm a programmer, software engineer, or work somewhere else in tech where the idea of working the weeks between Christmas and New Year's Eve is so mind-boggling awful, they shut down and send everyone home. And mostly don't pay them. 

In the world of education, it's just you know, Winter Break.

I'm on Winter Break.

YAAAY.

In celebration of Winter Break, I did every conceivable chore I need to do before I go back to work next year. All in one day: Bills, paid. Christmas presents, mostly bought. Appointments for everyone for eyes, teeth and whatever else, made. (Oh crap, I forgot the cats!!! They'll be February)  I spent today doing all the stupid, annoying things that I never actually have time to do any other time of... well... any other time at all.

So now I can goof off and write. quilt. swim. bake. run (after eating the baked things).

I'm soo excited.
I'm so excited, that on this cold, snowish Monday, I dug out the fine paper plates and gourmet Campbells, and made some awesome Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup for dinner.  

Woo hoo!

Happy Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Monday.

No comments: