Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I kept a secret....

No, it has nothing to do with impending babies...

So, with all the events of my mom, the stress of my children being oh, three and a half and ten and a half, and the multiple (okay, two) papers I had to write, I neglected to mention I went on an interview today for an actual job. Yes, that's right, I said 'job.'

I managed to get through the WHOLE thing without letting on that I had a horde I was caring for, but I didn't do as well as I wanted to. I mean, it's been three or four years since my last interview, give me some slack! It didn't go badly, though.

I will write about it more tomorrow, suffice it to say, if I hear one more time '...don't have agency experience..." i'm going to either a) cry, b) implode, c) explode or d) find a new industry. I mean, is there some secret handshake at the agency that's required? Some new language? What is so amazingly unique about agency experience that someone in the field couldn't possibly adapt and learn? ARGH.....



Later :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They don't consider the Air Force an agency?

Edward

MommasWorld said...

I am not sure what Agency you are applying for but darn it don't they understand you have skills! Taking care of your children, making a house ready to sell and mostly on your own requires a great deal of skill. On top of it all you have a degree!

Make them understand you are the person they wished they had on their team. I know, your first interview in awhile. You might have impressed the pants off of them. You wont know tonight what there decision is but take time to pat yourself on the back for all you have done. Celebrate the fact that you went on an interview! I am very happy for you!

MommasWorld said...

Oops, forgot to tell you about the baby blogger name contest. Exiled in Toyland is expecting a baby boy! Woot! She is having a contest to pick out a blogger name for her baby. Submissions will be taken until June 25 and winner announced after the baby is born. Here is the link to her contest. I know you can think of better names than I can and I really want her to have a great selection to choose from.

http://exiledintoyland.blogspot.com/2007/05/happy-mothers-day-how-about-contest.html

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Interviews are never easy, are they?