Thursday, May 17, 2007

Post Interview

What can I say about it? First one in a few years, so I was nervous, rambled a bit, said a few UGH dumb things... overall did 'ok' but didn't really make my case, in my opinion. Definitely overdressed, but hey, not too crazy overdressed.

Did they like me? Sure. But I don't have agency experience. I don't know the secret handshake. I have writing experience, news release experience, working in crazy, chaotic fast-paced juggle three different fires situations, but for some reason, there is something about an 'agency' that is super super important that I don't have... I imagine it's 'well, you haven't drunken the kool aid yet sooo...' but perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps there is a big SECRET about working at an agency that requires that the only way to get into an agency is to have worked at an agency. Of course, since the only way to get into an agency is to have worked with one, I imagine that the only people who truly work at agencies were people who were born there...

Not that I'm griping or anything, I mean, HEY, they did interview me, which is huge, because lo though I walk through the valley of agencies, I never get an interview, not even a phone call asking if perhaps, I had ever visited an agency and drank some of their water....

And they may give me a chance. And I honestly believe If I did a better job at this interview, they would have hired me. See, if this was my third or fourth interview, I'd probably have a much better chance at the job... This group WILL hire non-agency people, though I believe there is baptism in kool-aid, but I am too raw /sigh... I said too many dumb things and not enough of the things I should have... not that I'm kicking myself or anything, and NO I was not awesome. I know awesome when I see awesome. I was not awesome... though hey, I DID manage to not get lost on the way there!

So it was eh.

Now on to mundate matters....

Day One of Intensive Potty Training

Aiden peed in his big boy pants.

Yep. Pretty exciting stuff.

My new philosophy is that my boys have absolutely no interest in learning how to use the potty. Why should they? Diapers are convenient enough...

So now, they are only allowed to wear diapers at night and when we go out. This means a few times a day we sit on the potty. This is Day One so getting them to sit on the potty was a battle. But, this is how it's going to be. They are ready, they just, um, have toilet avoidance issues...

3 comments:

Pageant Mom said...

Potty training was SIGNIFICANTLY easier with my girl than my boy!!

You could have done in your interview what I did.

BEG.

LOLOLOL!!!!

I'm baaaa-aaaack!!!!

MommasWorld said...

first time back in the saddle is a little rough. I hope they call you but if not remember everything happens for a reason. There is a great job out there just for you!

Cheerios makes potty training for boys into a game. What boy doesn't want to play target practice with a cheerio in the toilet? My son was a lot easier to potty train than my girls. Maybe I just had more energy when it was his turn (first born).

Jean-Luc Picard said...

You had a tough day, with an interview AND potty training!