Thursday, November 16, 2006

Seriously, kid, we are moving

I went through her room and cleaned it (three big hefty black trash bags later) and as she wandered up the stairs and into her room after school she asks, "Did you throw anything away?" Now, she came home and saw two hefty trash bags in the entry with some of her things protruding. There was a big open black trash bag in her room which I hastily shut. I looked her straight in the eye and said "No, not at all."
I think she chose to believe it, because challenging me would only result in a lengthy discussion about why I had to clean her room, and what the three trash bags included...

It's not yet real to my tween that we are indeedy moving. I mean, it's there, looming on the horizon, but kids live in the present. This is why it's hard for her to accept that she and the boys are switching rooms. Not because we are giving away her room, but because as soon as the house goes up for sale, it's not her room. It's a show room. Half her things will be packed away. We are switching rooms because her room is bigger and the boys beds and bureau will fit without looking weird. She threw a fit and pointed out how she didn't want to move. Not really an option. I'm not even sure how she got the bigger room. I mean really.

So McRed is doing floors and I'm still packing and purging. Ugh. I need to do some serious packing this weekend. I'm surrounded by books and books and aaahhh.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait til February. I want to skip the entire holiday season this year. It's just in the way....

No comments: