Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Day

What a day.

After a night of my son's yak fest and my other son's insomnia due to first son's yak fest (yak as in puke, barf, vomit, projectile-style) I woke up to a morning of diapers that needed to be changed in the bathtub under running water. I ran out with sick toddlers in tow, in the rain, of course, to buy B.R.A.T. supplies, and pedialyte. At 11 a.m. they still hadn't had breakfast, so in the truck I gave them a bananna each. One was barfed up. I just washed the stains off the coat now. After we got home, I fed them a very mild grilled cheese and copious amounts of grape pedialyte, spent a half an hour coaxing them to sleep, and to my shock, fell asleep myself. Now, they took a three hour nap. During the first hour of their nap I did a few things, gave my older daughter some chores to do, but then, I thought, I have one hour left, I'll lay down for a few minutes, have some coffee, and go do some work, as in laundry, cleaning, filing, etc. Instead, I crash for two hours, until my older daughter woke me up. I think I had told her I was working. Ha ha ha. Working. Yeah, on recuperating my energy, by napping. I finally got up, made the coffee while she VOLUNTARILY unloaded the dishwasher. Now, isn't that nice? Keep in mind, we are on a point system here, and she had none, so was she being nice, or trying to earn points? Does it matter? I didn't have to do it. I gave her the points. Then it was time to make dinner, hubby came home and crashed on the couch because surprise surprise, the vomit-party pooped him out too... ha ha get it, vomit party pooped him out... ahh.. anyhow the boys went to bed fairly close to their normal bedtime so hopefully all will be back to normal tomorrow. BUT, even though I took a nice nap, I'm still exhausted! It doesn't add up. Why should the fact my sons are sick and miserable exhaust me? Ah well.

What a day.

No comments: