Thursday, February 16, 2006

Husbandly redemption

I'm getting an Ipod Shuffle nano thingie gadget in white, with a blue armband for working out, that can download more songs than I have ever heard of. Husbando outo el dog houso.

He was in it for a bit for Valentine's Day. OKAY he was stressed that day, we had stuff going on, but COME ON. But the Ipod thing, I can forgive him. I am writing Valentine's Day off as a holiday for me. They usually suck. I'm creating a new day. It's going to be called 'Lisa Day' and on that day, my husband can buy me flowers, a present, and take me to dinner or cook me a nice meal. I just need to think of a good day. That way, we can skip the whole freakin' Valentine Day thing *it turns out, he didn't buy me chocolate because he didn't want to sabotage my work-out-get-fit plan, because when he bought twinkies, he got yelled at.... and he wasn't up to eating at Applebees.... grrr. So I think I'll pick a day in like, June, after our anniversary, before our birthdays and not in holiday season.... it'll be Be Nice to Wife and Appreciate Her and Buy Her Stuff day, but it should work, because it'll cancel out Valentine's Day...

In other non-exciting news, I lost an inch. Go me. Been to the gym four days this week. Go me again. Going tomorrow. Really, go me. That'll be five days in a row. I don't do weekends. Unfortunately, the only time slot my trainer and I can do is 6 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, and soon to be Mondays and Thursdays. But yikes. 6 a.m.? Well, at least I don't have to drag the kids. I tried enjoying the early morning wake up thing by stopping for a coffee after, but then I realized the very thought of coffee after working out was pukifying. Maybe it was just that one day, because I drank two glasses of wine? Maybe my trainer was grumpy because I was 10 minutes late? I mean, come on, 6 a.m. takes some getting used to... Maybe I was just off that day. Anyhow, tomorrow I need to do weights, but I am not particularly excited about it. I'm still not sure of what weights to do in what order, so I do my shmorgasboard thing, because something has got to be better than nothing. Oh, and I have a card, apparently ha ha ha, that the trainer fills out so I know what to do when they aren't around. I suspect my trainer hasn't filled mine out yet. I will ask him about that on Monday. Since I do weights with him he probably hasn't bothered. I'm only doing weights tomorrow because on Monday I suspect he will play on the whole 'lack of tricep' thing and really, have you ever had sore triceps? Honestly, have you ever actually FELT anything in your triceps? Think about it... Oh and the bit under your armpits, toward the back. I mean, really...

The girls at the gym are so nice. They remind me of me at 18 and 19. We had a riveting conversation about the last five hair colors they had... ahh, youth.

Night...

No comments: