Tuesday, June 05, 2007

This Job Nonsense

I read somewhere that 'the only real way to get a job is to network...'

ummm.

Hmm.

New place, don't know anyone that works remotely close to my field, no friends, have kids, but no daycare, so can't go galavanting off to networking parties, and am not interested in selling Mary K, Longenberger Baskets, Candles, Usbourne Books, Pampered Chef, Avon or Tupperware. It's just not me. I also hate networking because I feel like a fraud, because there's networking with coworkers and colleagues, and then deliberately networking with complete strangers because you want a job, could care less about them, but want a job.

I'm also not interested in 'working from home' since the kids aren't old enough for me to enjoy that, and I like to come home to a comforting place, not, like, the place where I stress.

Anyhow, apparently, because I have no networking opportunities, I'm destined to never become employed.

Did I ever discuss how much I hate searching for jobs?

It's rather depressing. Yet, for some reason, every other person I know, hits the Job Jackpot the first three tries. With, like, their dream job.

I kid you not.

So tomorrow....

A hunting I will go, a hunting I will go
Heigh ho, the dairy-o, a hunting I will go
A hunting we will go, a hunting we will go
I'll draft a resume and put it in the sent box
And then I'll let it go

A hunting I will go, a hunting I will go
Heigh ho, the dairy-o, a hunting I will go
A hunting I will go, a hunting I will go
I'll spin a tale and call it a cover letter
And then I'll let it go

oh a hunting I will go....

I know, a bit pathetic....

1 comment:

MommasWorld said...

UGH! I so feel your pain. I hate updating my resume and writing cover letters. I wish it were an easy task to write a cover letter. This would be mine…

Dear Madame / Sir,

I am the best in the country at what I do. Hire me and your boss will compliment you on a job well done. You might even get a big fat raise from her! Pick me. I am the best and I want to work here. The sooner you call me in the sooner you might get that big fat raise.

Hurry up already! Stop reading and start dialing my number.