Friday, June 01, 2007

Just a minor change

So here's my minor change.

It's like a new hair color. By merely changing the template of my blog, I've entered a new blogging phase....

So on that note, here's the official first grown-upp-er blog:

Reflections on Children

Today, for the first time, I've had to consider, that perhaps, my children really don't like me. I used to scoff, I'd say it jokingly, but now, I wonder.... because, if they liked me, wouldn't it stand to reason, that they'd be nicer to me?

If my children liked me, they: would not climb up the stairs on the outside of the bannister, would not jump from the coffee table to the couch, would not empty out my basket full of folded laundry, would not turn the laundry dial to 'perm press' and 'low spin' on a full load, would not eat my lunch and drink my drinks if I happen to step away for two seconds, would not break my nice glassware, would not cry at me, whine at me, cling on me, pull on me, or repeat my words back at me, would play with the football outside, would stop building detailed crash scenes with their trucks and my things, would not jump on their beds.....

Sheesh, says Bear. Sheesh.
Driving me nuts, says Turbo. Driving me nuts.
I'm angry, growls Bear.

So, I look at them, and I think, nah, they must like me... it's just that they are three and a half... they hugged me, and when I asked them if they liked me, they said yup...

.... and then they... throw the pillows off the couch, wear my shoes and lose them somewhere, shut off my computer while I'm using it, open up my printer tray to 'just check something,' run off with my little jewelry box of odds and ends, steal my measuring tape, pull the leaves off the fake tree, and place toy trains in strategic locations meant to cause the most injury to toes....

With residents like these in my home, I fear my blog may not grow up after all....

P.S. I now have a writing blog which doesn't include any useful information for other writers, but is just a place for me to write about um, my writing... but if you're interested in that drivel, check it out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't paying all that attention to you imply that they love you? Just imagine what they would do if they didn't love you.

Edward

The Curmudgeon said...

At those ages they still like you. It'll be OK.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It was a good post. You did well in your change.

My 100th TWQ is on now. I hope you have your dinner guest selection.

David said...

Nice new look.

They love you. But you never stop worrying that they'll stop doing so. It must be Nature's way of keeping parents on their toes.

MommasWorld said...

I did a double take to make sure I was in the right place. This is LaLaLand right? he.he.he. I like the new atmospher.

Each of mine went through fits of "You're so mean!" I would always respond calmly with "That's right. I am the meanest mommy in the whole wide word and don't you ever forget it." That always made them laugh.