Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Stay at Home Daddies and their bad evil influence on my husband

We have stay at home daddies in our neighborhood. Two that I know of. One actually works, but is home more than at work, and in fact, is home most of the day, along with his wife. The other guy doesn't work at all, but damn, does he have a mean lawn. There is no greener lawn, no better-sheared hedge, pruned bush or unshaped evergreen than his. There will be no dandelions on his watch... this is all good and well. I'm all up with the equal opportunity 'stay-at-homers' be they woman, man or creature from outer space, but undertand that ALL all I hear every night when my husband comes home yet AGAIN to the dads bonding over lawnmowers and hedge trimmers, kids dancing in their perfect green lawns, is

"What do they DO? How come they are always HOME? What does that guy DO for a living? How come I CAN'T BE THE DAD THAT'S ALWAYS HOME.' and then he looks at me... because clearly, the secret of a stay at home dad...

lies in a working mom....


NOOOOOOOO

3 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

There are no green lawns here, as we have a heatwave and no one is allowed to water them.

Lahdeedah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lahdeedah said...

am envious of your no-watering philosophy. We're having a heatwave, but for us that means 90 degrees.

I am going to suggest to my neighbor that watering the grass during the dry season hurts the environment and wastes precious water.