Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What was I thinking!!!

I went to a mom's club event (shoosh all, just shoosh) in the hopes the few moms I kinda like would be there. The day was kinda nice, it wasn't bad. I engage one of the mom's in a conversation and she asks me how I do it, with all the kids (three) and school and I said, "I don't. I'm a mess."

WHAT! WTF! DID I JUST SAY THAT! DID I JUST TELL SOMEONE I ONLY HAVE 'WEATHER IS NICE TODAY' CONVERSATIONS SOMETHING UTTERLY PERSONAL LIKE I'M A CHAOTIC WALKING MESS! WTF AND I'M NOT REALLY!

I am not like that. I normally say things like, 'Yeah, it keeps me busy,' but a personal observation like that! OMIGOSH. WTF and I'm not REALLY a mess. I'm just disorganized, my mind is chaotic, my backyard an embarassment, my house never clean and my papers rushed last minute frantically before deadline, but I'm not really a mess! WHY I DID I SAY THAT! Because even if I was a mess, I'd only admit it to like, two people I know, and they are on the other coast! I might mention it to McRed, being married to him, but come on.

Now I'm just mortified at the words that came out of my mouth.

I mean who really wants to hear that shit?

Hopefully, she'll just forget about it. Or, after talking to the other mom who moved my truck, think I just meant I'm messy, as in a slob, which brings me to my....

Tip of the Day:

If there is a remote possibility that somebody will have to move your car, because perhaps you're on a boat and someone wants to leave the event RIGHT AWAY, make sure you um, CLEAN the damn thing out.

One of the moms had to move my truck for me. The passenger side is littered, from the floorboard, under the passenger seat, the sides between the door and the seat, the seat itself, and the cup holders with: mail, cups, sparkly water cans, starbucks cups, sticky change, papers, directions, shopping lists, receipts, library books, toddler backpacks, keys et al, and then the back seat... you get the idea...

Mortification factor: High.

well, take me as I am!
But I'm not a mess.
Just verbally challenged!
And mess-Y

No comments: