Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

It's 2:30 a.m. on Sunday night, or Monday morning.

Happy Mother's Day to me. I gardened all day. I gardened all weekend, actually, and now my eye hurts. I can't decide if it's a) because I gardened outdoors when I'm allergic to the outdoors b) my husband who somehow got pink eye sharing it with me or c) me thinking I have pink eye because it's 2:30 a.m. and what else is there to do at 2:30 a.m. but let the mind wander off to worry-worry land?

So what, at 2:30 a.m., could the mind worry about? Haven't you see any of those sleeping pill commercials? Lets see, here's my mind "ow, your eye hurts, pollen, no worse, pink eye, no, leprosy, it'll fall out by dawn" and "the bills are due next week. You'll never make the bill due dates, in fact, all the bill dates just changed to tomorrow and not next week after all, so you're doomed, because now you'll never make the magically changed due dates, they will shut off your tv, electricity, water and everything else" and "The insurance company needs paperwork from you, and even though you faxed it over a week and a half ago, you need to send it in again, and call, because they didn't get the fax" (which may actually be possible but still, 2:30 a.m. concern? No.) "Your cats now like to go outside. They have been outside, and one spent the night outside, and now he has ticks, lyme disease, fleas, and the bird flu, and you need to take them all to the vet for ticks, fleas and bird flu, tomorrow" and "it's not pink eye, it's the bird flue, we're doomed."

Anyhow, the list goes on. Normally I would just stay up and chill a bit and let my mind mellow out, and sleep in a bit, but I have to get up at oh, 5:15 *only ten more gym sessions left and then I can go back to my nice cardio workouts at like, 10 a.m. instead* and I don't see how I'm going to get through tomorrow without a nap. I can always tell it's going to be a rough day when I start looking forward to the next day's nap before I even officially wake up.

Tomorrow, or today, we check out the bilingual preschool for the boys. Hope I like it.

G'night.

Maybe now I can sleep.

No comments: