Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Updates....

But First:

Banking with Bank of America

The bank has erroneously entered a deposit of thousands and thousands of dollars into our account. I feel I should call them tomorrow and rectify the situation. McRed feels I should just let it hang out in our bank account for a few days, see how it feels, enjoy it, see what it's like to actually gather some interest on it, and then rectify the situation. We've been at it for an hour. We all know I'm going to call and rectify the situation. McRed feels by doing so, I'm getting the teller who erroneously gave me all the money fired. I doubt it. It would eventually come back that um, we don't actually have that money, nobody is giving us that money, and um, some nitwit's finger just slipped on the number pad a few times resulting in a large amount of money nowhere near in relation to the amount McRed actually brings home....

Now, on to the updates:

Marketing plan... 88 baby.... WOOOOT.... can you say not taking the final? It actually worked out really well, if I take the final, I can only hurt myself. So not only am I not taking the final, I'm not taking the final guilt free, knowing that doing so would not raise my grade any higher, since I can't get a grade high enough on the final to do so, but COULD lower my grade... GUILT FREE GOOF OFF! Okay, admittedly, I don't really suffer guilt about things like, not taking tests I don't have to, but anyhow....

Air conditioning... all hail the heat. We got an estimate. For the amount that it would cost to add central air to our home, I could a) re-do my bathroom... twice b) re-do kitchen cabinets and buy new appliances or c) re-do cabinets and re-do the bathroom. Sooo the new plan is to buy a room cooler, McRed has been charged with this mission. He has to report to the crazy mecca he is always on about, someplace called Frys, or Fries or something, and buy a room cooler that Gravy was telling me about. He said they cost $300, which isn't enough to re-model my bathroom, so is acceptable. Also, we are moving all the 'adult' furniture upstairs like I wanted in the first place, and sticking the kids stuff in the basement, so this summer the boys will be in the cool lower level of the house. The salesman was aggravated, but now it makes sense. It's only hot for about TWO MONTHS. Sooo easier to hang out with the kids in the basement and add a room cooler for the upstairs. So yes, I will sweat, just not lots. And we'll buy more fans.

Drama.... Her room VICTORY.... It's clean clean clean. Every day I make her spend 15 minutes putting away stuff I'm pulling from the children's version of the bag of holding. Everything on the floor went into the big black bag, minus clothing which went into a separate one for Mom to sort through. So she's kept her room spotless for, seriously, TWO DAYS. She gets an allowance if it's clean on Sunday mornings. What she doesn't know is she's never seeing all that junk paper she collects for fun again. I don't know why she feels she should collect paper. I mean, yes I do, but it's called junk mail and I am always happy when I purge the household of it...

Garden... Okay, I stopped shopping. I'm even going to wait on the lime tree... it's hard but the lime tree can wait. I really want it, but it's just not the time. I should plan the things I have first. I bought fish emullsion for the roses. I bought a bulb planter. I bought Drama a cactus she named Max Prickle. I bought planting soil and food for the vegetables. I found weed and moss killers in the garage. This weekend, big planting, de-weeding and death-to-moss weekend. Also, weekend of 'preparing soil for imminent arrival of mail-order plants.' Drama will help. Turbo and Bear will probably eat my flowers again.

Training... I LOST 5 POUNDS. I don't know how or when, but I'm not complaining. I'm just trying not to celebrate by eating.

Floors... Goodbye ugly carpet... hello really cool-looking, almost-done, floor. Tomorrow, when I'm scramming to do my last three-page paper due with five references, one cited, that I haven't started on that's due by midnight, McRed will be finishing the last bit of floors by the stairs. May is the month of baseboards and actual stairs, and moving nice furniture upstairs.

No comments: