Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Blogging is dumb

But it gives me something to do every once and a while.

I would like to know where all the disorganized moms lost in chaos, mismatched furniture and overgrown gardens are. I would like very much to hang out with them. It appears I am at the bottom of the totem pole in terms of moms and haves vs. have nots. I'm not talking about materialism. I'm talking about organizational skills. Decorated, yes actually decorated, homes. Landscaped (as in actual green grass with no brown spots) and well-tended gardens (as in without weeds). Ah well. That's my goal for 40. When I'm 40, we'll have a land-scaped yard and matching furniture, along with a better kitchen and nicer flooring. Might as well throw that all in there.

I've also accepted that my new social circle is the mom's group. I don't really have a choice. It's them or an entire virtual community of complete strangers I can bond with by playing WoW online for ten hours a day. Since I don't have ten hours a day, it'll have to be contact with actual people. Some of the mom's are really down-to-earth, others less so. But really, they joined the club for the same reason I did. What else were they going to do? For my part, I'm going to make an effort. I'm going to try to dress cute. That sometimes helps.

Okay, maybe I wasn't being fair to the virtual people. Somewhere, in their own existence, they are actual people. As for the mom's club, well, I will always be a sort of outsider. I just see things very differently than, well, most of the rest of the world. But dang it, one day, it'll be a nifty book!

Except that would just bug me, so maybe not.

No comments: