Thursday, September 07, 2006

4 - 7:30 p.m.

These are the worst hours of the day, because these are the hours of the day when the children are the crankiest, especially when they haven't had their nap.

Right now, they are screaming about trains, whining about everything and clinging to me to intervene, but I refuse, because then they will only move on to something else to scream, whine, cling or cry about.

So if you'll excuse me,

amidst the noise of crying, screaming, whining, pleading and clinging

I am going to have a nice glass of wine, and pretend I am somewhere else.

5 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

You go and have a sleep and put cotton wool in your ears!

Anonymous said...

Did you also know that those are the hours when kids get in the most trouble?

Ed

Kimberly said...

That is the worst time for me too. Homework, dinner, kids fighting, running around like crazy...

Hope you had a nice glass of wine :)

MommyHeadache said...

Good for you. A friend of mine swears by wearing wax earplugs at all times so she can detach herself from the kids' screaming when the going gets tough. Even I don't go that far, but I do tend to go to the playground at this time so I can let off steam with the other moms.

Lahdeedah said...

I had a nice glass of wine. Husband came home and I herded them his way.

"They are cranky today," he said.

"yes," I said. "They are," and walked away with my wine.