Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tale 4

The Dark Is Coming

Finally, on a good night note... our Turbo isn't sleeping so well at night. The night visits have been going on for about a month. The absolute not-going-to-sleep has been going on for about a week and a half. Usually, two stories and he's fine, but lately, he's howled and howled and cried himself into hyperventilation. Last night was so bad, I 'rescued' him from his room and put him in our bed. Tonight, McRed went in and talked to him to try to find out what's going on. The boys are 33 months. Bear is going to sleep fine. Finally, McRed talks to him and figures out he's scared.

"Are you scared of the dark?" and finally, Turbo stops his howling, looks at red, takes his thumb out, and says "The dark is coming." Re-insert thumb. "The dark is coming daddy."

I'm trying to figure out where this variation of his 'The rain is coming mama" came from, but whatever. we get it. He's scared of the dark. Totally terrified. Maybe too much Thomas? They did some spooky stuff. Probably just his age. Anyhow, to avoid the 'dark' of outside, and the 'dark' of night in his room, we've left the door open so he can see the hall light.

Now, you might not recall, Bear is an opportunist. Bear sleeps fine. Bear doesn't howl usually at bedtime. But as McRed was getting a fan for their room, and I was by Turbo's bedside, comforting him and stroking his head, Bear gets up. Comes over to me. Puts his hand on my shoulder, looks at me, and with all the fear of a dragon flying over a flock of sheep, says "mommy, dark is coming" and sits on my lap and hugs me. Gee. Attention hog. So I faux-comforted Bear and we got Turbo settled.

Fourth Grade

Apparently, absolutely nothing noteworthy happened today on Drama's first day of school.


And that is my lengthy post of the day.

No comments: