Friday, April 07, 2006

Deaf Old Bat

Apparently, ear wax is what keeps insects from crawling into our ears, and eating our brains up. Because I produce a large amount of wax, I'm pretty much impervious to brain-eating bugs. So there is that. On the downside, I won't be able to hear for a few more days or a week, or ever, depending on how well these drops work. I got too dizzy when they tried to flush the ears out, and the nurse said she couldn't get it all, and it's better if I just use the drops and come back when the wax is more malleable.

Now, isn't that just gross? The thing about bugs not crawling in my ears keeps me going though.

I haven't actually done any cardio this week. Here's why though. It's not about the cardio, it's about the diet. So I'm not worrying too much about it. I am trying to make better choices and forget that freakin' eat between 1450 and 1550 calories every day. I can't keep track. But I do eat three times a day with two snacks, now, including breakfast. I will incorporate cardio next week, but this week, well okay, this week I've totally blown it off. Having a clogged ear may not hurt but it's very disconcerting. Plus I was super congested and needed to take nyquil. You can't get up at 5 a.m. when you take Nyquil at 11 p.m. Ther'es no way.

Last night we had a late-night visitor. Apparently ear wax does nothing for preventing your spawn from thinking you're a mattress. At 2 a.m. Twin B was at the gate bellowing for Mommy maaammma mmaaaammmoooommyyy and I had to whisk him out before he woke up Twin A, who generally, once woken in the middle of the night, wants to play. Twin B was very chatty and didn't fall asleep until about an hour and a half later... ugh...

So hopefully this will be a long nap for them.

As for my eldest daughter, grounded for three days for her miserable behavior in school *she had to sit outside the classroom* she comes home yesterday wielding a "great day" signature on her blue sheet. Please forgive me, but I checked to see if it was a forgery. She's not a normally dishonest kid, but I don't understand how you go from classroom pariah to GREAT DAY overnight.

We'll see if the trend continues. Our only real hope is that she somehow survives our experiment in parenting.

No comments: