Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My new friend, the flowers...

My garden will be neat and orderly and pretty way before my house is clean.

For my house to get anywhere near the attention my garden is getting, it would have to rain a lot.

I ALMOST de-mossed my small back patio before Twin A protested. They'd been out for an hour and a half without snacks or juice, so they were ready for a break. An hour and a half is pretty good with the boys. The small back patio is my workspace for the rest of the garden. I may splurge on some cheap outdoor work area for it :)

So I managed to trim this crazy bush thing that I should have trimmed this winter. It has just started showing signs of growth, but not much, and I think it's because I didn't cut it back. I pulled up some MAJOR weeds, those big sprawling kinds that just take up a lot of space, maybe they are dandelions, I'm not sure. Gone. Twin A also de-transplanted one of my transplanted plants by dumping it on the ground. Twin B ran away with my scissors, emptied out my soda, and stole my rake. Despite them, I managed to cut some fresh tulips for the house, do the de-weeding, trim some more lavender, water my transplanted plants, and survey the landscape for when my gardens arrive. I say gardens, because I literally ordered four different garden plans online. I wasn't going to go crazy, but they were having a 'half-price' sale, so for $200 I got $400 worth of stuff. Then I got some bulbs to fill in where the tulips are. I have decided to do all bulbs on my property line, for spring and summer, and ooh I just can't wait...

Husband has 'buy a wheelbarrow and mulch' duty this weekend. I am going to solve the problem of my compost bin being full on the top but not full on the bottom my using a lot of the compost soil this weekend. I should have stirred it more this winter. Oh well. Live and learn.

This year, I am sooo prepared for my garden. Last year, it overwhelmed me. This year, I'm ready to rip everything I don't understand up *unless it looks neat and is thriving - weeds excepted:) * and put in plants I do understand.

Now, I have to actually pay some attention to the mess that is indoors.

I am sooo glad I blew off the mom's club thing. Playing in the garden is much better than packing up the kids and driving to someone's house to sit indoors on a nice day trying to pretend you're having a good time despite the fact nobody is really talking to you....

Besides, there's always bunco...

No comments: