Friday, April 28, 2006

Air conditioning

Whoever, or whomever, said that the northwest had cool summers came from the south, southwest, or the equator.

Last year, I spent many a miserable month being hot and stuffy, seeking refuge in the coolness of the basement, which is only half a basement since we live in a split-level, and it has windows, but it's about 15 degrees cooler than the upstairs, which draws in and retains heat like crazy.

It's not even May, and already, we've got warm weather sans breezes, and already, the house is HOT inside.

For the first time ever, I am eagerly awaiting a call from a sales rep... free in-home estimate on sears air conditioning. We are definitely doing central air. I am going to schedule it as soon as they can, like that day if possible... I need my air... /swelter... i'm melting.....

What I don't understand is why the majority of homes out here don't have central air as it is! I mean, these homes are less than ten years old, does this mean that ten years ago, the climate was actually cool... or maybe I'm just spoiled from the East Coast, where despite our short summers, we all have central air. Maybe it's the contrast, we adapted to the cold so well that the heat and humidity kill us. If there's global warming, and I don't have central air, I doubt I'll survive....

No comments: